Where is the Philadelphia Project:
The Philadelphia Project is located in the Mt Airy
neighborhood of Philadelphia. Mt Airy is a multi-cultural
neighborhood that has an equally diverse representation of
age, ethnicity, economic status, as well as residential and
commercial buildings. We are located at 13 E. Mt Pleasant
Ave Philadelphia, PA 19119.
When will the Philadelphia Project be:
The Philadelphia Project will host 8 full week mission
opportunities this summer.
At the Project you will have the opportunity to explore your
understanding of God’s heart for others. You will physically
offer hope and healing to a community in need, and you will
daily be challenged to deepen your walk with Christ through
a time of worship and reflection. The Philadelphia Project
will offer you a great experience that will assist you in your
development as a young disciple.
What should I bring?
While the Philadelphia Project supplies most of your
needs for the week, we ask that each participant bring the
following: (You can download the packing list under downloads)
- Water bottle that will be used throughout the work day in order
to help you stay hydrated.
- Work gloves. We will have a few pairs of our own, but each
person having personal gloves will make for a more pleasant
- Safety glasses or eye protection. Depending on what your task
is, it may be important that you have appropriate eye wear to
- Closed-toe shoes. You may wear flip-flops at the Project, but not
while you are on the worksite.
- We ask that all participants wear modest clothing. Girls: no
middrifts, or short shorts.
- Sleeping bags, air mattress, and shower linens.
- Pillows, Bathing Suits (One Piece), Beach Towel
How to remain connected:
Become a fan on Facebook! You can post pictures and
videos of your project to our Facebook fan page, as well as
watch videos from past projects.
The Philadelphia Project on Facebook